March 21st, 2017 | Faculty News, Staff News, University Announcement
See a list of staff and faculty milestones:
Melanie Nicole Bullock; Associate Director; Student Engagement
Mary Boyd Chenery; Assistant Director; Advncmt:Comm. & External Relations
Perry W Coggins; Maintenance Technician; Graylyn: Maintenance
Luis Eduardo Fernandez; Research Professor; Biology
Christopher Michael Howell; Security Officer; University Police
David Ethan Hunt; Graphic Design Manager; WFUSB-Marketing
Abriana Lesha Kimbrough; Administrative Assistant; Advancement: Alumni Services
Julie G Rice; Medical Office Assistant; Student Health Service
Dorothy Kathryn Shields; Librarian, Reseach & Instruct; Library-ZSR
Stephen Anthony Vance; Synthetic Research Assistant; Chemistry
Alvester Fredrick Barren; Shuttle Driver; Parking & Transportation
Edward Lee Goode; Custodian; FACS: Custodial Services
Bryan Keith McKinney; Analyst/Programmer, Sr; IS: Applications Development
Matthew T. Murray; Floor Care Supervisor; FACS: Custodial Services
Rodney Lee Tucker; Custodian, Team Lead; FACS: Custodial Services
Mary Ellen Walter; Operations Manager; Divinity: Admissions
Jeffrey Lee Davis; Groundskeeper; FACS: Landscaping Services
Ederma Pelaez De Herrera; Custodian; FACS: Custodial Services
Lawrence Groce Thach; Coordinator, Events & Travel; Law: External Affairs
John Kubel Wise; Assoc VP, Hospitality/Aux Svcs; Graylyn: Admin & General
Steven James Folmar; Associate Professor; Anthropology
January 30th, 2017 | Faculty News, Staff News, University Announcement
See a list of employees joining and leaving the University in December 2016: Continue reading »
November 21st, 2016 | Faculty News, Staff News, University Announcement
See a list of staff and faculty milestones in November 2016:
Continue reading »
October 20th, 2016 | University Announcement
See a list of employees joining and leaving the University in September 2016:
Continue reading »
October 19th, 2016 | Staff News, University Announcement
See a list of faculty and staff milestones for October 2016: Continue reading »
October 14th, 2016 | Staff News, University Announcement
This is a guest post from Human Resources:
Members of the campus community honored service milestones of more than 250 Wake Forest staff members who were celebrating approximately 2,800 combined years of service. These individuals were recognized at the 16th annual Staff Rewards & Recognition on Tuesday, October 11 at Bridger Field House. Later in the day, a campus-wide reception was open to all faculty and staff in the Green Room of Reynolda Hall.
Staff members celebrating 30 or more years of service included:
- 30 years: Cathy Chinlund (Advancement), Sherman Hart (Reynolda House), Gale Newport (Benson University Center), Beth Tedford (Z. Smith Reynolds Library)
- 35 years: Janet Cromer (School of Law), Cindy Davis (Biology), Mike Ford (Campus Life), Dallas Nifong (Facilities & Campus Services)
- 40 years: Michael Bottoms (University Police), Carrnell Covington (Facilities & Campus Services), Ann Knox (Parking & Transportation)
President Hatch presents staff member Betsy Chapman with the Employee of the Year plaque
Betsy Chapman, Director of Parent Giving, and Patty Kennedy, Administrative Assistant in the Department of Health and Exercise Science, were also recognized as Employees of the Year. They were nominated by faculty and staff for their contributions in the areas of innovation, integrity, accountability, inclusion, and Pro Humanitate.
Chapman was honored for mentoring students and helping parents feel part of the Wake Forest experience. The Daily Deac blog she authors was cited throughout her award nomination as a highly effective way to connect parents with the campus community. As the nomination reads, “Betsy is a valuable asset to Wake Forest, and her professionalism and genuine love for the university and its students should be commended!”
President Hatch presents staff member Patty Kennedy with the Employee of the Year plaque
Kennedy was recognized for embracing new ideas and serving as a positive role model for new staff members. The award nomination states, “Patty is always thinking of creative ways to deal with problems, with the goal of making positive changes for everyone. She is well aware of the need to serve both the department and the community.” Kennedy has demonstrated this community service through her work with the United Way and Arts Council.
September 29th, 2016 | University Announcement
See of list of faculty milestones for September 2016: Continue reading »
September 9th, 2016 | University Announcement
This is a guest post from the Z. Smith Reynolds Library:
Citation is something we all need help with from time to time. The ZSR Library wants to make citation easier for everyone. This fall, ZSR is offering a variety of workshops for faculty, staff, and students:
- The New MLA Style Manual – Eighth Edition: Join us for a session where we review what’s new in the recently-released eighth edition of the MLA style manual. Faculty, staff, and students welcome. Two Sunday sessions: Register here!
- Zotero: Introduction to Collecting, Managing, and Citing your Research Sources: This one-hour hands-on workshop will get you up and running with the popular and very powerful Zotero reference management software. Newcomers encouraged, all are welcome. 19 weekday and Sunday sessions through December: Register here!
- The RIGHT way to CITE: This one-hour student-oriented workshop will take students through the basics of both MLA and APA citation formats. We will cover in-text citation and bibliography/works cited formats, as well as source management strategies. Designed for students at any stage of research to help make those citations easy! Six Sunday sessions through December: Register here!
Faculty are encouraged to consider offering extra credit for student attendance at any of the above. Vouchers will be provided upon request.
August 30th, 2016 | Staff News, University Announcement
See of list of staff milestones for August 2016: Continue reading »
August 26th, 2016 | Faculty News, University Announcement
See a list of faculty milestones for August 2016: Continue reading »