Flu shots: Sept. 21 – Oct. 19
Wake Forest University will offer free flu shots to all faculty, staff and retirees from Monday, Sept. 21 through Oct. 19. Spouses and dependent children (8 years and older) enrolled in the University’s BlueCross BlueShield medical plan are also eligible. In addition to various clinics on campus for current employees, Wake Forest will offer a drive-through flu shot location at LJVM Coliseum to accommodate off-site colleagues, retirees and family members.
Employees can view the Mandatory Influenza Vaccine Policy here and get information about clinic dates and registration, how to request an exemption and how to submit documentation for off-campus flu shots on the designated human resources page.
COVID-19 Dashboard update
Beginning Sept. 8, the COVID-19 Dashboard has been updated with the number of cases in the past two weeks, a sliding date range to view case numbers within a specific period and stacked, daily bars differentiating faculty and staff from students. Learn more and view the Dashboard on the Our Way Forward website.
See a list of employees joining and leaving the University in September 2017:
Categories: Inside WFU
This is a guest post from Malika Roman Isler, director of Wellbeing:
On Sept. 29 from 3 – 5 p.m., join the campus community in celebrating all things wellbeing at Wake Forest and highlighting the features of our newly renovated Reynolds Gym & Center for Wellbeing. The event will feature fun activities and resources designed to inform and inspire the campus community about how to lead healthier, more balanced lives! There will be games, food, giveaways and much to learn and many people to meet. We encourage all students, faculty and staff to join us as we learn to thrive individually and as a community.
Consider yourself cordially invited to a one-of-a-kind celebration of the eight dimensions of wellbeing: emotional, environmental, financial, intellectual, occupational, physical, social and spiritual.
Employees spend more than half of their waking hours in the workplace. Are you interested in promoting wellbeing among the staff in your office? Join the Office of Wellbeing and Environmental Health and Safety in the University’s new WellSpaces program.
WellSpaces supports offices in creating and sustaining a culture that promotes personal and collective wellbeing. Program participants create meaningful policies and practices that improve morale, camaraderie, productivity, and achieve individual and staff team goals.
Enrollment for the WellSpaces program is open through August 25. Click here to complete the WellSpaces Application to participate.
As a WellSpace, each office…
- Designates an office Wellbeing Ambassador;
- Participates in manager training on wellbeing and workplace performance;
- Participates in at least one wellbeing activity as an office each month; and
- Adopts three office-level policies or practices that promote team wellbeing such taking walking meetings, forming an office book club or hosting a group lunch. (Other examples are available on the WellSpace website.)
In partnership with risk management provider, red24, Wake Forest University (WFU) has initiated TravelTracker, Safety Confirmation Service (SCS), and GlobalAssist for all international travelers. These new services provide pre-departure details, such as health and safety information, political conditions and security issues. They also ensure that if a significant safety or security incident happens in your area of travel, the University can confirm your wellbeing.
Wake Forest requires all individuals traveling internationally on Wake Forest funds to submit a set of forms and information to the Center for Global Programs and Studies (GPS) Studies at least one month before individual travel begins. This includes individuals traveling to international conferences, international research trips, international trips funded through grants, etc., who study or work on Reynolda Campus.
When travel is registered with the University, the details and itinerary will be uploaded to the TravelTracker system managed by Wake Forest and red24.
How TravelTracker works
The TravelTracker system will automatically email you a link to red24’s safety and security ratings and information on the country to which you are traveling. Travelers will also be signed up to receive email alerts for the country of travel. The alerts cover notable safety, security and travel issues. Travelers are signed up from three days before departure until one day after return.
Safety confirmation process
- If a significant safety or security incident occurs in or near your area of travel, you will be required to confirm your safety. You will receive an email notification of the issue by an alert, followed by an SMS and email requesting you to confirm your safety.
- You will need to confirm your safety as soon as you receive the safety confirmation request. This can be done either by clicking on the link provided in the safety confirmation email or phoning red24.If safety is not confirmed, a Crisis Support specialist from red24 will attempt to make contact. If contact cannot be made, Wake Forest Security Managers will be alerted. An appropriate course of action will then be considered depending on the nature of the situation. If required, a security response will be initiated.
- GlobalAssist is a mobile application that includes an SOS button that can be used globally in an emergency. The app is paired with a control dashboard which is monitored by crisis support personnel.
- Once travel is registered with Wake Forest, travelers will receive a separate email with instructions on how to download and set up the app.
As TravelTracker is a duty of care to ensure employee and student wellbeing, travelers cannot be unsubscribed. Traveler email addresses and mobile numbers are captured when you register your travel with the University. It is therefore important that your updated details are always provided.
For questions or for more information contact David F. Taylor, director of Global Abroad Programs, in the Center for Global Programs and Studies at email@example.com.
Categories: University Announcement