The Staff Advisory Council (SAC) is pleased to announce the results of the 2015 spring election. Thirteen new SAC representatives from across the University staff have been elected. New council members are: Landon Burrow (FACS: Maintenance Team 4), James Coffey (FACS: Custodial Services), Lou Gusbar (School of Business- Student Academic Services), Lauren Largen (Graylyn: Ads & Promotions), Sherry Long (Athletics: Student Athletes Services), Ellie Shannon (Athletics: Administration), Shelley Sizemore (Campus Life), Darlene Starnes (Multicultural Affairs), Barbara Stephens-Macri (Human Resources), Amanda Tingle (Dean of Wake Forest College), Amalia Wagner (Office of the Provost), Sandra Whicker (Admissions: Undergraduate), and Sarah Wojcik-Gross (Information Systems).
In addition to newly elected representatives, Artanzia Yates (Information Systems) and Scott Spernoga (Athletics: Sports Medicine) have been re-elected to serve an additional term. Each SAC representative will serve a term of three years and may be re-elected to serve one additional term.
See a list of employment milestones reached by staff in August 2013: Read more
The Staff Advisory Council (SAC) is pleased to announce the results of the 2012 election. The SAC received nominations from March 12-23 and held the election from April 19-30. A run-off election was held for the Finance and Administration division which concluded on April 9.
The SAC received a total of 55 nominations across the six staff divisions – up from 39 last year. Additionally, staff voting participation reached a new high this year with 39.33% (702 of 1,785 staff members). Last year, voting participation was 33.17% (543 of 1,637 staff members).
As a result of the election, there are 14 new representatives from across the university staff:
- Tammy Burke (Dean’s Office)
- Melissa Clark (Schools of Business)
- Kevin Cox (Advancement)
- Christina Fisher (Athletics)
- Ted Johnson (University Police)
- William Kane (Digital Publishing)
- Greg Keener (WFDD Radio)
- Sheila Lockhart (Religion)
- Sherry Ratliff (Information Services)
- Jeannette Rork (Registrar’s Office)
- Kelly Segovia (Human Resources)
- Catherine Sheff (President’s Home)
- Scott Spernoga (Athletics)
- Artanzia Yates (Information Systems)
In addition, Mary Cranfill (Procurement Services) and Paul Sheff (Facilities and Campus Services) have been re-elected to serve an additional term. Each SAC representative will serve a term of three years and may be re-elected to serve additional terms. As a result of this election, the SAC has completed its three-year plan to increase representation across campus while maintaining a balance of new and returning representatives.
The SAC would like to thank the representatives whose terms are ending this year:
- Randy Cockerham (Facilities and Campus Services)
- Travis Asbury (Facilities and Campus Services)
- Nicolle Gaillard (Procurement Services)
- Prentice Armstrong (ZSR Library)
- Kathy Bunn (Schools of Business)
- Beth Hoagland (Provost’s Office)
- Pat Morton (Information Services)
- Sharon Payne (Schools of Business)
- Elide Vargas (Political Science)
For more information about the SAC, please visit: http://sac.wfu.edu