Provost Rogan Kersh emailed the following announcement to faculty and staff on Jan. 10:
Dear Wake Forest faculty and staff,
On Thursday, January 16, Hof Milam, Executive Vice President, and I will be hosting the second Campus Connections of the academic year. We look forward to seeing you in Benson 401 from 8:45-10 a.m. for a light breakfast and presentations by members of our Wake Forest community.
- “Online Update,” Kami Chavis, Associate Provost for Academic Initiatives, Professor of Law, and Associate Vice President
- “Plan for Academic Excellence Update,” Andrea Ellis, Assistant Vice President of Innovation, and Ellen Murphy, Associate Dean of Strategic Initiatives and Professor of Practice in the School of Law
- “Wake Will Lead | Campaign Update,” Mark Petersen, Vice President of University Advancement
Campus Connections will be available via Webex; instructions will be sent out next week.
Barry Faircloth, associate athletic director for development, was formally recognized June 16 as the 2015 National Association of Athletic Development Directors (NAADD) Fundraiser of the Year.
Faircloth was presented the award at the National Athletic Administrator Convention in Orlando. It had been announced last February that he was the recipient for 2015.
A 1993 Wake Forest graduate, Faircloth is credited by University leaders with transforming fundraising efforts in the Athletics Department, with a focus on major gift fundraising, strict accountability with development staff and the creation of volunteer committees to involve and assist in the development process.
Categories: Staff News
The search committee for the new dean of the Z. Smith Reynolds Library is hosting an open forum for all Wake Forest faculty and staff on Thursday, Dec. 4, from 4 to 5 p.m. in the ZSR Library Auditorium.
In preparation for the gathering, please consider the following questions and come prepared to share your thoughts.
- Which major highlights about our nationally-recognized ZSR Library should be emphasized in order to attract top-notch candidates to the position?
- What challenges and opportunities might the next dean face in her or his first three years in this role?
- What are the most important professional skills and personal attributes required to be considered a strong candidate?
For those unable to attend the forum, please share your thoughts and suggestions by emailing email@example.com.
Categories: University Announcement
Please join Provost Rogan Kersh and senior vice president for Finance and Administration Hof Milam for Campus Connections, an opportunity for non-faculty staff to learn about, discuss and provide input about issues at Wake Forest. The event will be Friday, Nov. 22, from 8:45-10 a.m. in Benson 401.
Campus Connections is a chance to gain a greater understanding of campus issues and university changes, while interacting with other staff who work in academic and student life. Enjoy a light breakfast while the Provost, Deans and other administrators discuss current events at the university.
This month’s Campus Connections will feature:
- Mark Petersen, vice president of advancement, who will present on the next steps of Wake Will: The Campaign for Wake Forest;
- Penny Rue, vice president of campus life, who will present her vision of campus life for Wake Forest.