The Honesty Project, which launched in 2020 with a $4.4 million grant from the John Templeton Foundation, has awarded grants to 16 projects exploring the science of honesty and philosophical questions related to the virtue.
The Project’s funding competitions drew hundreds of proposals from researchers worldwide who are investigating what determines honesty, how honest people are, and the consequences of honesty for relationships, groups and institutions. The winning studies focus on a range of topics from honesty in public health communications to understanding culturally-endorsed parental lies.
“We are thrilled to be able to support these 16 teams researching the philosophy and the science of honesty,” said Christian B. Miller, project director and A.C. Reid Professor of Philosophy at Wake Forest. “The study of honesty has been surprisingly neglected in academic research, but these highly innovative and exciting projects will help to change that. I can’t wait to see the discoveries about honesty they will produce in the coming years.”
Read the full story and view the research award winners on the Wake Forest News website.
Categories: Faculty News
Congratulations to Wake Forest University faculty from the Reynolda Campus who reported publishing books in June and July 2021:
- DeVotta, Neil, & Sumit Ganguly, Eds. (Politics & International Affairs). Understanding Contemporary India, 3rd ed. Lynne Rienner Publishers. 2021.
- Gladding, Samuel T. (Counseling). The Creative Arts in Counseling, 6th ed. American Counseling Association. 2021.
- Keith, Jennifer, & Claudia Thomas Kairoff, Eds. (English). The Cambridge Edition of the Works of Anne Finch, Countess of Winchilsea, Two Volume Set, Illustrated ed. Cambridge University Press. 2021.
- Miller, Christian B. (Philosophy). Honesty: The Philosophy and Psychology of a Neglected Virtue. Oxford University Press. 2021.
- Meredith, Jack, & Scott Shafer. (Business). Project Management in Practice, International Adaptation, 7th ed. Wiley. 2021.
- Taplin, Ian Malcolm. (Sociology). The Napa Valley Wine Industry: The Organization of Excellence. Cambridge Scholars Publishing. 2021.
- Ajami, Riad A., & Jason Goddard. (Business). Global Business: Competitiveness and Sustainability. Routledge. October 2017.
- Atchison, R. Jarrod. (Communication). A War of Words: The Rhetorical Leadership of Jefferson Davis. University of Alabama Press. June 2017.
- Barnes, Bernadine. (Art). Michelangelo and the Viewer in His Time (Renaissance Lives series). Reaktion Books. June 2017.
- Brown, Tommy. (Staff, Communications & External Relations). The Seven Money Types: Discover How God Wired You to Handle Money. Zondervan. March 2017.
- Cheng, T. J., & Wei-chin Lee, Eds. (Politics & International Affairs). National Security, Public Opinion and Regime Asymmetry: A Six-Country Study. World Scientific. June 2017.
- Coates, David, Ed. (Politics & International Affairs). Reflections on the Future of the Left (Building Progressive Alternatives series). Agenda Publishing. November 2017.
- Dalton, Mary M. (Communication). The Hollywood Curriculum: Teachers in the Movies, 3rd ed. Peter Lang. January 2017.
- Dalton, Mary M., & Laura R. Linder, Eds. (Communication). Screen Lessons: What We Have Learned from Teachers on Television and in the Movies. Peter Lang. January 2017.
- Eun, Cheol, & Bruce Resnick. (Business). International Financial Management, 8th McGraw-Hill. February 2017.
- Fournier-Lanzoni, Rémi. (Italian). Rire de plomb: La comédie à l’italienne des années 70. Presses de l’Harmattan. October 2017.
Miller, Christian B. (Philosophy). The Character Gap: How Good Are We? (Philosophy in Action series). Oxford. December 2017.
Ragsdale, Bruce, & Page West. (Business). George Washington: Innovative Farmer & Businessman. George Washington Leadership Institute. October 2017.
Voss Roberts, Michelle. (Divinity). Body Parts: A Theological Anthropology. Fortress Press. December 2017.
Categories: Faculty News
Brown, Tommy. (Staff, Communications and External Relations). The Seven Money Types: Discover How God Wired You to Handle Money. Zondervan. March 2017.
Eun, Cheol, & Bruce Resnick. (Business). International Financial Management, 8th ed. McGraw-Hill. February 2017.
Sinnott-Armstrong, Walter, & Christian B. Miller, Eds. (Philosophy). Moral Psychology: Virtue and Character