Wake Forest’s Healthy Exercise and Lifestyle ProgramS (HELPS) is now accepting applications for the 2024 spring semester “Therapeutic Lifestyle Change” program.
Therapeutic Lifestyle Change is a 12-week program offered to full-time, permanent Wake Forest University employees free of charge. The program is designed to assist and support individuals who want to lose weight but aren’t sure where to start. Therapeutic Lifestyle Change is a medically directed, professionally supervised program designed to develop a healthy and active lifestyle utilizing exercise and education programs.
Applications are now being accepted. Weekly group sessions will be held in person on Mondays from 11 a.m. to noon starting January 29.
- Individualized assessments and follow-up. Entry physical activity levels are evaluated. This information is used to determine and define the amount of physical activity you need to foster a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Entry dietary intake is assessed through computer-analyzed food records. Specific calorie, nutrient and food group changes are identified
- Entry body composition (including bone density measures). This will be assessed through a DXA scan.
- Optional supervised exercise sessions at our conveniently located exercise facility at the Health & Exercise Science Clinical Research Center.
- Weekly small group sessions held in person that teach behavioral strategies for the management of physical activity and nutrition.
This program is designed for participants who meet the following criteria:
- Full-time, permanent Wake Forest University employee
- Able to attend weekly sessions for 12 weeks
Interested in committing to lifestyle changes meant to promote a healthy future iIncluding possible dietary, activity, and behavioral changes! If you answered yes to the above, you’re eligible.
To enroll or request more information, contact program director, Kristy Lievense at email@example.com or 336.758.5853. Space is limited, so please inquire as soon as possible.
Categories: Inside WFU
- February 20, 2024
- February 20, 2024
- February 19, 2024