Interested in starting the summer off right? Wake Forest Health and Exercise Science is offering a six-month weight management program to full-time, permanent WFU employees free of charge.
This program will go beyond healthy lifestyle modification, with a laser focus on healthy behavior and body weight. The program will offer a combination of weight-management strategies and techniques to help individuals reach their goals.
Applications are now being accepted for participation in our next group. Space is limited.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will begin the program with virtual meetings through Zoom and hope to move to a blended environment as the campus begins to reopen. Weekly group sessions will be held on Mondays from 11:15 am-12:15 pm starting July 27. Once campus reopens, classes will be held here on campus in the HES Department of Worrell Professional Center.
The program is designed for participants who meet the following criteria:
- Individuals with weight loss needs (BMI >27)
- Able to attend weekly sessions held weekly for an hour
- Able to commit to personal dietary and exercise changes
- Full-time, permanent Wake Forest University employee
Highlights of the weight management program include:
- Six months of weekly group sessions
- Geared specifically for weight management
- Initial & six-month physical function assessments
- Initial & six-month DEXA total body composition scans
- Formal assessment and follow-up with a dietitian
- Weekly food diary evaluations and feedback
- Physical activity tracking & exercise guidance
- Specific quality nutrient guidelines
- Behavior modification & mindfulness
If you are interested in participating or have questions, contact Kayla DeLorenzo at email@example.com or at 336-758-5853 for more information.
Space is limited. Please submit your application as soon as possible.