This is a guest post from Information Systems:
The campus telephone service will be interrupted during our planned change of carriers from Windstream to AT&T. This change is the last major task of the ongoing conversion from, and retirement of, the Nortel phone system to voice over IP, providing improved telephone services across campus, higher call sound quality, and an improved user experience.
When is the change:
Beginning at 6:00 PM on Thursday, June 20, through midnight.
During the change:
- No calls may be placed using the campus telephone system.
- For emergencies, call University Police 336-759-0443 or dial 911 on your cellular phone.
What will change:
- Your phone number listing on your telephone’s display will include a “+1” as well as your complete 10-digit number, rather than your 4-digit extension.
- You can redial the last number called using the “Redial” softkey.
- You can call from the “Recent Call List” without dialing the number.
- You can call a 10-digit external number without having to dial “9” or “1.”
All other aspects of the use of your phone remain the same, including using the 4-digit extension to reach internal users.
If you have questions or need assistance after the change, please contact the Information Systems Service Desk at email@example.com or 336-758-4357 (HELP).
- June 5, 2020
- June 4, 2020
- June 3, 2020