Eight seniors will remain at Wake Forest after graduation in May as Wake Forest Fellows. They will work throughout the campus community, including in the offices of the President, the Provost and the Dean of the College.
Since 2008, the Wake Forest Fellows program has provided exceptional Wake Forest college graduates with the opportunity to work in higher education administration for a year. Each fellow will serve as a full-time Wake Forest staff member, starting this summer. In addition to working with top administrators, the fellows will participate in leadership activities and interact with faculty, staff and students to learn about the inner workings of higher education.
The Wake Forest Fellows for 2019-20 are:
- Campus Life: Daniella Feijoo, Wauconda, Ill.; major, Politics and International Affairs with a double major in Spanish; minor, Latin American Studies
- Dean of the College: Dalia Namak, Winston-Salem; major, Anthropology with a double major in Politics and International Affairs; minor, Middle East and South Asia Studies
- Information Systems: Mella Tesfazgi,Charlotte; major, Economics; minors, Politics and International Affairs and Global Trade and Commerce
- Office of Personal & Career Development: Natalie Wilson, Fredericksburg, Va.; major, Sociology; minors, Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies and Interdisciplinary Writing
- President’s Office: Matthew Schlosser, Brandon, Fla.; major, English with a double major in Politics and International Affairs
- Provost’s Office: Sophie Leruth, Williamsburg, Va.; major, Politics and International Affairs with a double major in Spanish
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center: Austin Offnick, Sewickley, Pa.; major, Economics with a double major in Spanish
- Wake Downtown: Daniel Oberti, Richmond Hill, Ga.; Studio Art (double concentration in Sculpture and Printmaking) with a double major in Biology; minor, Chemistry
Alumni of the Wake Forest Fellows program have pursued careers in many fields, including law, medicine, public policy and more. Fellows have since received prestigious academic honors such as Rhodes and Fulbright scholarships.
- May 28, 2020
- May 22, 2020
- May 20, 2020