Two new charging stations for electric vehicles have been installed at Wake Forest. One is located in Parking Lot W1, next to the Worrell Professional Center, and the other is off-campus in Lot G between Bridger Field House and University Corporate Center.
The University has a previously-installed charging station on Gulley Drive, next to Tribble Hall.
“Setting up these two additional charging stations is part of our ongoing efforts to support the University’s efforts to promote sustainability,” said Alex Crist, director of Transportation and Parking Services, who recently acquired a hybrid vehicle (electric/gas) for the department’s enforcement staff.
All charging stations can accommodate the charging of two vehicles at a time, have a plug-in cord and are compatible with all electric and plug-in electric vehicles. Charging a vehicle is free with a three-hour limit per 24 hours.
Charging stations are locked, but can be activated in various ways:
- Call 758.4389(24/7 ChargePoint Driver Support)
- Download and use the ChargePoint mobile app
- Call Transportation and Parking Services at 336-758-PARK (7275) to obtain a ChargePoint activation card. Call Monday-Thursday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. On Friday, call between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- For a single charge, call Transportation and Parking Services during business hours.
- After business hours weekdays and weekends, contact 758.4255. Leave a brief message for an immediate return call.
- June 3, 2020
- June 2, 2020
- June 2, 2020