WFDD, the public radio station licensed to Wake Forest, raised $54,133 in one day of on-air fundraising on Thursday, June 14.
For the past several years, the station, which serves 32 counties in northwest North Carolina and southern Virginia, has held a short on-air fundraising campaign in June to close out its fiscal year. This June’s total is the largest amount the station has raised during an end-of-year campaign.
WFDD’s fiscal year runs through June 30. With the success of the June pledge drive, the station is poised to meet its individual giving goal for this fiscal year, according to membership manager Greg Keener. Throughout the fiscal year, the station raises funds through direct mail, email and on-air appeals. This year, the station continued its commitment to reducing the number of on-air fundraising days, finishing with a total of 10 pledge drive days.
Keener also noted that the station had great success with a new way for donors to support the station: “This year, we launched a ‘Sustainer’ program. Almost 750 of our members have signed up to give automatic, ongoing monthly gifts to WFDD. Thanks to these Sustainers, we already have a significant amount of money committed each month of the year. This will allow us to continue to plan for shorter pledge drives, something our listeners tell us they really appreciate.”
WFDD typically receives additional pledges of support in the days immediately following station campaigns. Membership contributions, excluding major gifts and vehicle donations, comprise approximately 41.5 percent of WFDD’s operating budget.
WFDD would like to thank the volunteers and restaurants for their help:
- Friends of WFDD
- Z. Smith Reynolds Library
- Old Salem Museums and Gardens
- Advancement staff and Theatre department staff of Wake Forest
- Habitat for Humanity of High Point, Archdale and Trinity
- The Shepherd’s Center of Winston Salem
- Hands On Northwest North Carolina
- SECCA (South Eastern Center for Contemporary Art)
- North Carolina Black Repertory Company
- Rob Wall with Body Complete Therapeutic Massage
- Food donations given by Biscuitville, Big Shotz Tavern and Upper Crust Pizza
- June 3, 2020
- June 2, 2020
- June 2, 2020