To Reynolda Campus staff:
Commencement is the highlight of our academic year. It is a wonderful time for the campus community to come together and celebrate with graduating students and their families. This year’s Commencement ceremony will be held Monday, May 21, on Hearn Plaza, beginning at 9 a.m.
It is always important for us to be gracious hosts to our visitors and make sure their access to campus is as easy as possible. This year will be more challenging than recent years considering the amount of construction underway on campus and our recent loss of 350 parking spaces. To make this the best commencement experience possible for our graduates and guests, please observe the following guidelines:
- Faculty and staff should not attempt to park on campus before 1 p.m. on the day of commencement. Passes, which have been issued to graduates and their families, will be required for all cars entering campus.
- Faculty and staff who need parking should park at BB&T Field and ride the shuttle to campus. Enter the stadium parking lot through the Deacon Boulevard entrance and follow the signs to the parking area and the shuttle pickup point. Shuttles will run continuously throughout the day from 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. A Wake Forest ID will be needed to access the shuttle.
- Faculty and staff may park on campus after 1 p.m.
- Reynolda Campus staff who do not have a direct commencement responsibility need not report for work until 9:30 a.m. on Monday, unless otherwise required by their department. Non-exempt staff may record the hours not worked that morning as administrative leave.
- Please have your Wake Forest I.D. with you at all times on campus during commencement.
In case of rain, the Commencement ceremony will be held at Joel Coliseum, beginning at 9:30 a.m. Parking on campus will not be affected if the ceremony is held at the coliseum.
Thank you your cooperation and understanding.
Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance