Learning about weather delays, closings
December 9th, 2011
The University will announce a delay or closing through a variety of communication methods, generally starting before or by 6 a.m. on the morning of a winter weather event.
This year, for the first time, the University will use the new Wake Alert web site for delay and closing announcements at wakealert.wfu.edu. An alert headline will appear at the top of the University home page, linking to the Wake Alert web site for more details.
As in past years, the University will:
- E-mail a message to faculty, staff and students.
- Send a voice mail message to faculty and staff’s office phones.
- Place a voice message on the weather and emergency line at 758-5935.
- Provide information to radio stations WFDD-FM and WSJS-AM.
- Provide information to TV stations WXII, WGHP, WFMY and News 14 Carolina (24-hour news channel).