Bardon, Adrian. (Philosophy). The Truth About Denial: Bias and Self-Deception in Science, Politics, and Religion. Oxford University Press. 2019.
Coyne, Chris J., Michael C. Munger, & Robert M. Whaples, Eds. (Economics). In All Fairness: Equality, Liberty, and the Quest for Human Dignity. Forward by Richard A. Epstein. Independent Institute. 2019.
González, Luis H. (Spanish & Italian). Cómo entender y cómo enseñar por y para. Routledge. 2019.
Gupta, Kristina. (Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality). Medical Entanglements: Rethinking Feminist Debates about Healthcare. Rutgers University Press. 2019.
Morosini, Roberta. (Spanish & Italian). Il Mare salato. Il Mediterraneo di Dante, Petrarca e Boccaccio. Viella. 2019.
Newman, Joel S., Dorothy A. Brown, & Bridget J. Crawford. (Law, Emeritus). Federal Income Taxation: Cases, Problems, and Materials, 7th ed. West Academic Publishing. 2019.
The following is the faculty books report for February 2019:
Arthur, Shawn. (Study of Religions). Contemporary Religions in China. Routledge. February 2019.
Dahill-Brown, Sara E. (Politics & International Affairs). Education, Equity, and the States: How Variations in State Governance Make or Break Reform. Harvard Education Press. February 2019.
Newman, Joel S. (Law, Emeritus). A Short & Happy Guide to Federal Income Taxation, 2nd ed. West Academic Publishing. February 2019.
Otteson, James R. (Economics). The Essential Adam Smith. The Fraser Institute. February 2019.
Otteson, James R. (Economics). Honorable Business: A Framework for Business in a Just and Humane Society. Oxford University Press. February 2019.
- Ajami, Riad A., & Jason Goddard. (Business). Global Business: Competitiveness and Sustainability. Routledge. October 2017.
- Atchison, R. Jarrod. (Communication). A War of Words: The Rhetorical Leadership of Jefferson Davis. University of Alabama Press. June 2017.
- Barnes, Bernadine. (Art). Michelangelo and the Viewer in His Time (Renaissance Lives series). Reaktion Books. June 2017.
- Brown, Tommy. (Staff, Communications & External Relations). The Seven Money Types: Discover How God Wired You to Handle Money. Zondervan. March 2017.
- Cheng, T. J., & Wei-chin Lee, Eds. (Politics & International Affairs). National Security, Public Opinion and Regime Asymmetry: A Six-Country Study. World Scientific. June 2017.
- Coates, David, Ed. (Politics & International Affairs). Reflections on the Future of the Left (Building Progressive Alternatives series). Agenda Publishing. November 2017.
- Dalton, Mary M. (Communication). The Hollywood Curriculum: Teachers in the Movies, 3rd ed. Peter Lang. January 2017.
- Dalton, Mary M., & Laura R. Linder, Eds. (Communication). Screen Lessons: What We Have Learned from Teachers on Television and in the Movies. Peter Lang. January 2017.
- Eun, Cheol, & Bruce Resnick. (Business). International Financial Management, 8th McGraw-Hill. February 2017.
- Fournier-Lanzoni, Rémi. (Italian). Rire de plomb: La comédie à l’italienne des années 70. Presses de l’Harmattan. October 2017.
This message was sent by President Hatch to faculty and staff on May 10. Retirees recognized at the 2017 Retiree Luncheon had informed Human Resources by March 24 of their retirement.
Dear Faculty and Staff,
As commencement approaches and we prepare to celebrate the achievements of the Class of 2017, we also pause to recognize and honor the careers of our retiring faculty and staff members.
Please join me in thanking this distinguished group of leaders, colleagues, mentors and friends and congratulating them on many years of dedicated service to Wake Forest. On May 9, these retirees were honored at the 2017 Retiree Luncheon at Bridger Field House.
Gerald W. Esch, Professor, Biology
Charles R. Kennedy, Associate Professor, School of Business
Bruce R. Lewis, Associate Professor, School of Business
Jack R. Meredith, Professor, School of Business
Joel S. Newman, Professor, School of Law
Cecilia Solano, Associate Professor, Psychology
Richard T. Williams, Professor, Physics
Kenneth Zick, Professor, School of Law
Carol Benford, Administrative Assistant, Office of the Dean of the College
Vickie Cutting, Office Manager, Romance Languages
Bill Faircloth, Assistant Athletic Director, Athletics
Phil Gallimore, Assistant Director, Market Readiness, School of Business
Mary Gerardy, Associate Vice President for Campus Life, Campus Life
Edward Goode, Custodian, Facilities and Campus Services
Alice Goodman, Administrative Assistant, Classical Languages
Ron Harrell, Custodian/Team Lead, Facilities and Campus Services
Debbie Hellmann, Grant Accounting Manager, Financial and Accounting Services
Anne Hodges, Director, University Advancement
Tommy Johnson, Superintendent, Real Estate
Marc Jones, Manager, Facilities and Campus Services
Barry Murray, Service Technician, Facilities and Campus Services
Gail Newport, Operations Manager, Benson University Center
Dallas Nifong, Service Technician, Facilities and Campus Services
Kathy Odom, Financial Assistant, School of Law
Larry O’Neal, Service Technician, Real Estate
Priscilla Parker, Administrative Assistant, University Advancement
Carolyn Potts, Office Manager, Student Health Service
Jay Riedel, Foreman, Facilities and Campus Services
Jim Rae, Sergeant, University Police
Willie Singletary, Custodian, Facilities and Campus Services
Pat Starkey, Administrative Assistant, School of Law
To our retiring faculty and staff, thank you for sharing your gifts and talents with us for so many years. Your countless contributions will have a lasting impact on our campus, and you will forever be a part of our Wake Forest family.
Nathan O. Hatch
Categories: Guest Post
Note: These books were not published in April, but their publication become known to Z. Smith Reynolds Library in April.
Newman, Joel S. (Law). A Short & Happy Guide to Federal Income Taxation. West Academic. February 2017.
Von Burg, Ron, Ed. (Communication). Dialogues in Argumentation (Windsor Studies in Argumentation, Vol. 3). Windsor Studies in Argumentation, University of Windsor. November 2016.
Categories: Faculty News