Wake Forest’s Healthy Exercise and Lifestyle ProgramS (HELPS) is now accepting applications for the spring semester 2021 “Healthy Weight for You” program.
“Healthy Weight for You” is a free, six-month weight management program offered to full-time, permanent Wake Forest University employees.
Weekly group sessions will be held virtually via Zoom on Mondays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m, beginning Feb. 1, 2021.
- Six months of weekly group sessions geared specially for weight loss and managing a healthy weight for you
- Initial and six-month physical function assessments
- Initial and six-month DEXA total body composition scans
- Formal assessment and follow-up with a dietitian
- Weekly food diary evaluations and feedback
- Physical activity tracking and exercise guidance
- Specific quality nutrient guidelines
- Behavior modification and mindfulness
This program is designed for participants who meet the following criteria:
- Individuals with weigh loss needs (BMI >27)
- Able to attend weekly 1-hour sessions
- Able to commit to personal dietary and exercise changes
- Full-time, permanent Wake Forest University employee
To enroll or request more information, please contact Sophie Peters at email@example.com or 336.758.3486. Space is limited, so please submit your application as soon as possible!
- April 12, 2021
- April 9, 2021
- April 8, 2021