A message from President Hatch announcing United Way 2020 Campaign launch

A message from President Hatch to faculty and staff:

Dear Wake Forest Colleagues,

I hope this message finds you healthy and coping as well as possible with the many emotions and stress that we live with these days. I remain grateful for the response all Wake Foresters have demonstrated over past months as we have navigated our current challenges. I am humbled by and proud of the ways our Wake Forest community continues to support the mission of this place, whether in the classroom, in administrative support offices, in our dining locations, among our groundskeeping and facilities operations, campus security and so many other functions. Thank you most sincerely.

I write you today regarding our annual United Way campaign. This year, perhaps more than ever, our community is experiencing new levels of hardship. COVID-19 has exposed much need throughout our local community while many chronic inequities continue to exist for far too many. The issues and the need – whether for housing, food, health care, employment, mental health services, childcare – are real for many of our friends and neighbors. The work of United Way in coordinating efficient and effective response to community need remains a model that works. Our local United Way has been remarkably successful in addressing need and actually moving the needle toward response and solutions.

I ask you to take a few minutes to view my short video message for more information about United Way and our Wake Forest campaign. And then, I hope you will consider making your own gift to support the campaign, using the e-pledge link. If you prefer to use a paper form, please contact either our Brad Shugoll (shulgolbd@wfu.edu) or Mary Pugel (mpugel@wfu.edu) for assistance.

You can learn more about our local United Way here and our Wake Forest effort at unitedway.wfu.edu.

I remain deeply grateful for the generous support that Wake Forest has always shown to this effort. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Nathan O. Hatch