This is a guest post from the Office of Wellbeing:
Did you know that employees spend more than half of their waking hours in the workplace? What better way to spend that time than feeling well and supported by your leadership while being engaged and productive at work that you value?
Are you interested in promoting wellbeing among the staff in your office?
WellSpaces is a partnership between the Office of Wellbeing and the Office of Environmental Health and Safety. WellSpaces supports offices in creating and sustaining a culture that promotes personal and collective wellbeing. Program participants create meaningful policies and practices that improve morale, camaraderie, productivity, and achieve individual and staff team goals.
Employees of offices who have participated in the WellSpaces program reported increases in the following components of wellbeing:
- Perception of a positive work environment
- Sense of connection among staff
- Sharing a trusted relationship with someone in the office
- Sense of joy in telling others about my place of work
- Perception that office leadership provides resources and/or support for staff to connect as a group
- Leadership demonstrates a commitment to an office culture that promotes wellbeing
As a WellSpace, each office…
- Designates an office Wellbeing Ambassador
- Participates in manager training on wellbeing and workplace performance
- Participates in at least one wellbeing activity as an office each month
- Adopts three office-level policies or practices that promote team wellbeing such as taking walking meetings, forming an office book club or hosting a group lunch. (Other examples are available on the WellSpaces website.)
The role of a Wellbeing Ambassador
A Wellbeing Ambassador is the team leader for the office’s wellbeing efforts and helps their WellSpace meet the program’s requirements. This person plays an integral role in campus wellbeing and must have a passion for building a culture of health and wellbeing among their colleagues.
The Wellbeing Ambassador…
- Serves as a proponent for activities that promote wellbeing in the workplace, both at the office level and for individual staff members
- Shares strategies for wellbeing in the workplace
- Engages office leadership in wellbeing prioritization and establishing wellbeing office practices
- Serves as a source of information on wellbeing opportunities on campus
- Facilitates office program participation
- Shares the office’s WellSpaces activities with the Office of Wellbeing via brief monthly surveys
- Attends quarterly gatherings with Ambassadors from other offices
If you are interested in learning more about the program, we invite you to register for one of the listed WellSpaces Info Sessions below!
Enrollment for the WellSpaces program is open through Aug. 30.
Follow this link to enroll in WellSpaces: WellSpaces Enrollment 2019-2020
For more information, contact Thrive@nullwfu.edu or call 336-758-4370.
- November 30, 2021
- November 29, 2021
- November 29, 2021