At Wake Forest, there are plenty of ways to learn about a University closing or delay prompted by snow or ice.
The University activates some components of its Wake Alert system to announce closings and delays. They include:
- Brief announcement across the top of the University’s home page that links to the Wake Alert page, where full details are provided.
- E-mail to all students, staff and faculty.
- Voice mail to staff and faculty.
- Wake Alert Twitter message. Other social media, too.
- Message on the University Weather and Emergency Phone Line, 336-758-5935.
- Announcements in local news media, particularly on TV stations’ closings/delays web sites.
At Wake Forest, there is also easily accessed information about the weather, including current conditions and forecasts. That information is available from the WeatherSTEM stations on top of the Miller Center and the scoreboard at BB&T Field.