Wake Forest is once again sponsoring a Habitat for Humanity house in Winston-Salem, and volunteers are needed to help build it. No prior construction experience is necessary.
The walls of the house were raised on Aug. 22 by Wake Forest SPARC students. Individuals and groups can now volunteer on the Wake Forest-sponsored house or another one of Habitat’s homes (depending on construction schedule) on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Construction is projected to end mid-November.
Individuals can register to volunteer by following these instructions:
- Follow this link to sign up for volunteer slots on Volunteer Hub:http://habitatforsyth.volunteerhub.com
- Click “Register” at the bottom right. Create a User ID and Password and click “Next”.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to provide a join code. There is no join code for individuals – just groups. Just click “Next”.
- Complete the user details form. By completing that form, you agree to the wavier. Use Wake Forest e-mail address on the form.
- To read the waiver, click on the link to “review the waiver and release of liability”. Do not “x-out” – use your back arrow after reading waiver.
- After checking your account information, click on “Next” to sign up for an event. The next page will begin a listing of events. Scroll to your desired date and click “Build with us!”
- The link will direct you to a new page. Hit the “SIGN UP” button on the left side.
- All who register will receive a confirmation email and a reminder email from Habitat once registration is complete.
Groups interested in volunteering can reserve dates. Working on a Habitat house is a great team-building exercise for any department or office. Any volunteer shifts that occur during work hours must be approved by a supervisor.
For group registrations or further details, please contact Sydney Feinglass, Fellow in the Office of the President, at email@example.com or extension 4061.