This message was distributed by e-mail to students, faculty and staff on Oct. 2 by Communications and External Relations:
Country music performer Brad Paisley will perform free for the Wake Forest community on Manchester Plaza on Saturday, Oct. 10, prompting temporary changes regarding parking, traffic flow, campus access and building access to accommodate the event. Those changes will begin taking effect at 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 9. Most remain in place until Sunday morning, Oct. 11.
The concert, which will also include country music performer Eric Paslay, is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. and end at approximately 10 p.m. It is a rain or shine event.
Traffic and Parking
- Parking lots B, C, D, E, F, G will be closed at 5 p.m. Oct. 9. All vehicles must be removed by this time.
- General campus access will be limited beginning 10 p.m. Oct. 9 until 6 a.m. Oct. 11.
- Polo Road Gate will be closed from 10 p.m. Oct. 9 until 6 a.m. Oct. 11
- First year (freshman) and sophomore students will not be permitted vehicle access to campus from 10 p.m. Oct. 9 until 6 a.m. Oct. 11.
- Gulley Drive will be closed from 5 p.m. Oct. 9 until 9 a.m. Oct. 11.
- ALL parking spots located on Gulley Drive must be cleared by 5 p.m. Oct. 9.
- Library Circle must be cleared of vehicles by 3:30 p.m. Oct. 10.
POINTS OF ENTRY & PERIMETER – Manchester Plaza Details
- Manchester Plaza access will be limited from Oct. 9 until Oct. 11.
- Carswell Hall, Tribble Hall, Greene Hall, and Calloway Center will be limited to card/key access ONLY from 4:30 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. Oct. 10.
- Benson University Center will operate under normal business hours with standard food options and restroom availability.
- Event Access will begin at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 10 at the following locations:
- Steps leading down from Reynolda Hall area to Manchester Plaza
- Steps leading from Z. Smith Reynolds Library to courtyard between Tribble Hall and Benson Center.
- Walkways between Carswell Hall and Greene Hall, as well as between Greene Hall and Calloway Center
- Concert is FREE for all Wake Forest students, faculty/staff, and guests with an event ticket.
- Tickets are required upon entry. Entry is not guaranteed due to capacity limitations. Early arrivals are encouraged. No re-entry.
- On-campus parking is provided on a first come basis.
- Disabled parking is located at Lot E and Upper Davis Field.
- Supplemental parking is available at the BB&T University Center on 2400 Reynolda Road.
- A Shuttle will run from this lot to the Library Circle on campus from 5 p.m. Oct. 10 until 11 p.m. Oct. 10.
- Reynolda Road and University Parkway entrances to campus will be open for campus/concert vehicle access. A Wake Forest University parking pass and/or concert ticket is required for vehicle entry.
- Others approaching University entrances will be asked by University security to identify the event they are attending. Other events are occurring on the night of the concert.
- NO outside food/beverage, umbrellas, towels/blankets, and/or oversized bags will be permitted on Manchester Plaza.
- ALL bags will be checked at ticketing.
- Chairs are permissible.
Concert-related details/arrangements are subject to change. Event information and updates are available atwakeforestsports.com.