The Office of the Provost and the Office of the Dean of the College are pleased to announce this year’s STEP Grant recipients. Faculty of the College and ZSR were encouraged to explore technology-enhanced teaching, learning, research, scholarly and creative work, or the development of course materials and online courses for summer 2014 and the academic year 2014-15.
Proposals for development of online courses for non-resident students in summer school were reviewed by the Online Education Committee (OLEC), while proposals for other exploration of technology were evaluated by the Committee on Information Technology (CIT).
The awarded recipients and respective projects are as follows:
- Bernadine Barnes, Art History – ART103 The History of Western Art (Online)
- Tina Boyer & Mary Knight, German and Russian – GES340 German Masterworks in Translation: Handling the Undead in Fiction, Film, and Popular Culture (Online)
- Kyle Denlinger & Amanda Foster, Z. Smith Reynolds Library – LIB100 Accessing Information in the 21st Century (Online)
- Jerid Francom, Romance Languages – Novel Perspectives in Language Research Through ‘Big Data’ and High-Performance Computing
- Liz Johnson, Law School – Flipping Your Classroom with Panopto
- Caitlin Murphy Quinn, Theatre & Dance – THE251 Tablet Rendering and Digital Fabric Project in Costume Design
- Hu Womack, Z. Smith Reynolds Library – LIB210 Social Sciences Research Sources and Strategies
- Hu Womack & Thomas Dowling, Z. Smith Reynolds Library – Chromebooks for Wake Alternative Break Participants