“It’s time to both celebrate past successes and look forward to the future,” says Kline Harrison, associate provost of global affairs. “Our name change reflects a broader role as Wake Forest continues to build a community where international study and understanding are priorities.”
One of the University’s goals is to ensure that every student has opportunities throughout their four years of college to develop an awareness of and appreciation for world cultures, Harrison says. “Whether a student has traveled extensively or has yet to go abroad, global attitudes and mindsets can be incorporated into classroom and campus programming to facilitate intercultural understanding. Our team is looking forward to working with partners campus-wide to advance a more global culture.”
The Center for Global Programs and Studies aspires to…
- Develop additional and distinctive Wake Forest study abroad programs;
- Open Wake Forest’s doors wider to highly qualified students and exceptional faculty from around the world;
- Foster global perspectives in curricular and co-curricular programming;
- Offer Reynolda campus faculty and staff training and development opportunities; and
- Expand collaboration campus-wide to facilitate the development of cross- cultural skills.
Visit the Center for Global Programs and Studies website.
Contact the Center for Global Programs and Studies staff.
- May 22, 2020
- May 20, 2020
- May 19, 2020