The following message is on behalf of Dave Pitts, director of campus mail services:
The Campus Post Office, currently located in Poteat Hall, will be relocating to our newly renovated space in Benson Center during the week after graduation. Listed below are some key items you may want to know about this move:
- Anyone with a mail box at the old Poteat Post Office will have a mail box with the same number at the new Benson Center Post Office.
- Departments with post office boxes will receive access and key information before the move.
- Departments are asked to clear all mail from your current mail box by May 20. This will ensure a smooth transition and eliminate lost mail in the relocation.
- We are moving from a 4,000-square-foot mail center to a 7,000-square-foot facility in hope of providing our students, faculty and staff with a better mail experience.
- Postal retail operations will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 21 and May 22, for this move. All postal retail operations will be available at the new location on Thursday, May 23.
- All existing Mail Center staff will be relocated to this new facility.
This move is beneficial on all sides: It opens up room for additional student social space on Hearn Plaza and provides Mail Services with a needed increase in number of mail boxes, as well as overall space.
Our goal has been, and will continue to be, that of providing outstanding, quality service to the Wake Forest community.