Information Systems will be rolling out a new voicemail system this weekend. Below is more detailed information about the conversion to help ensure that you will be ready to use the new Cisco Unity Connection voicemail system on Monday, Oct. 22.
Why are we converting from Nortel Call Pilot to Cisco Unity Connection?
The current Nortel Call Pilot voicemail system has proven to be unstable and is no longer supported by Nortel. Cisco Unity Connection offers similar features and improved reliability over Call Pilot.
What do I need to do now to be ready to use the new voicemail system on Oct. 22?
- From your campus phone, dial 8400. 8400 is a temporary number for the purpose of preparing for the conversion to the new system.
- Log into the new system using the default personal identification number of “1834”.
- Follow the prompts to change your voicemail password and record your new greetings. Doing this now will assure that your voice mailbox will be ready for the conversion and that only you will have access to it.
What is the impact of the new voicemail system to you and to callers?
- Beginning as early as 6 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 19, new voicemail will go to Cisco Unity Connection. By Monday morning, Oct. 22, all new voicemail will go to the new system. During this transition time, we suggest you check your voicemail on the old and new system to ensure you do not miss a message.
- From your campus phone, you will dial 4400 or press the ‘message button’ on your phone to access the new voicemail system.
- You can access your old voicemail mailbox by dialing 4000 from your campus phone. Your old voicemail messages will be available until Nov. 19, 2012.
What training will be provided?
There are multiple training sessions offered through the Professional Development Center. Click here to enroll in a session that works best for you.
Where can I get additional help?
Online resources are available to you. Visit the Information Systems Telecommunications web site to learn more. As always, the Information Systems Service Desk and Telecommunications team can assist you with your needs. You can submit a request for assistance via ResolveIT.
You will receive a final email on Monday, Oct. 22, with additional updates that will assist you in the successful use of the new voicemail system.
- June 5, 2020
- June 4, 2020
- June 3, 2020