Wake Forest encourages students, faculty and staff to familiarize themselves with the University’s emergency notification system known as Wake Alert.
Wake Alert provides information and advisories via a number of communication channels, including the Wake Alert website, text messaging, an outdoor warning system, campus cable TV, e-mail, Twitter, voice mail and a recorded message on the Wake Forest Weather and Emergency Phone Line.
More details are available on a new site loaded with emergency preparedness information, Wake Ready.
University Police Chief Regina Lawson recommends the following:
- Register for text alerts available to students, faculty and staff. Undergraduates are required to register. See the signup instructions on Wake Ready.
- Bookmark the Wake Alert website (http://wakealert.wfu.edu). It will be the go-to site for announcements in emergencies.
- Follow @WakeAlert on Twitter. Emergency announcements that appear on the Wake Alert website will also appear on the Twitter account.
- Store the telephone number on your phones for the Wake Forest Weather/Emergency line, 336-758-5935.
- Connect your campus TV to the University cable TV system, which will broadcast emergency announcements to campus TVs.
- Visit the Wake Ready website and read the emergency preparedness and related information on it.