The following message is sent on behalf of Associate Vice President James Alty to Reynolda Campus faculty and staff:
By now you may have noticed the start of construction activity for two new residence halls on North Campus. The new buildings require the permanent reduction of 350 parking spaces primarily used by residential and commuter students, along with faculty and staff – the northern end of Lot Q and the entirety of Lot R-2.
To help alleviate parking congestion, approximately 225 students have opted to move their cars to off-campus lots in exchange for a parking refund.
An opportunity is now available for 125 faculty and staff members on the Reynolda campus to receive a one-time payment in exchange for voluntarily returning their Reynolda Campus parking permit. Two options are available:
1. The Parking Office will make a $300 payment to the first 66 faculty or staff members who volunteer to turn in their on-campus permits and agree to park off-campus in the University Corporate Center (UCC) lot for the remainder of this semester. You may not realize that the University currently operates a shuttle from 7:20 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. between this lot and the Reynolda campus. That shuttle currently operates twice an hour. The lot also features:
- An on-site security guard from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Shuttle shelter and service every 15 minutes from 7:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. plus overnight shuttle service directly to campus from 1:00 a.m. – 7:20 a.m.
- Nighttime lighting and Blue Light Call Box directly tied to University Police response.
- Modern surveillance cameras to monitor lot 24/7, directly tied to the security center.
2. The Parking Office will make a $150 payment to each of the first 59 faculty or staff members who volunteer to turn in their on-campus permits and agree to park off-campus in the Polo Road lots for the remainder of this semester. Shuttle service for the Polo Road lots will be increased to handle additional demand.
To volunteer, you must be a Wake Forest University employee who parks on Reynolda Campus Monday-Friday during daytime hours. Please bring your current vehicle on-campus permit and gate pass along with your university ID to the Parking Management Offices in the University Services Building (USB) and fill out a refund request form between March 12-16, 2012. Your payment will be a direct deposit in your next pay cycle.
- Employees who work in UCC, Bridger, Graylyn, and Reynolda Gardens/Village are not eligible since they do not generally park on Reynolda Campus.
- For those who qualify, both the rear mounted parking pass and gate pass must be turned in.
- If you have two vehicles registered, both permits/passes must be surrendered.
- This payment is subject to state and federal taxes.
Visit the the North Campus Parking microsite to learn more about how the parking changes will affect the campus and how you can share thoughts about additional solutions.
Thank you for considering this opportunity,
James E. Alty, PE
Associate Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer
- May 28, 2020
- May 22, 2020
- May 20, 2020