The Staff Advisory Council (SAC) will hold its last meeting of the school year on Tuesday, May 31st at 1:30 p.m. in Benson 401B. Pamela Dumas Serfes, associate vice president of Communications and External Relations (CER), and Brett Eaton, executive director of news for CER, will be speaking about campus communications and improvements planned for the next several months. This is an open meeting, and all staff are invited to attend.
In an effort to improve communications, the SAC is proud to debut its new website athttp://sac.wfu.edu. The new website has many requested features, including bios and contact information for members, meetings and events planned by the SAC, and minutes of previous SAC meetings.
This next year, the SAC is forming some new committees designed to research and make recommendations to the administration on items identified as important to staff. These include:
- Work-Life Balance
- Professional Development
- Business Processes
- Fringe Benefits
Information on the mission, membership and progress of these committees will be updated on the website as well. We encourage all staff to give us feedback and participate in helping us make WFU the best place to work!
The SAC is also pleased to announce the winners of this year’s elections. One of this year’s goals was to increase awareness of the SAC and its mission to represent staff interests to the administration as an independent body and to present information relevant to staff.
The election process shows we have succeeded in raising awareness on campus. We had 39 staff nominated and nearly three times the number of staff vote this year compared to last year, with some divisions at more than 50 percent participation!
Here is a list of all the new members elected this year to serve 3-year terms:
- Doug Bland – Associate Athletic Director
- Cory Jenkins – Assistant Director, Event Management/Facilities
- Angie Jones – Project Coordinator
- Teresa Hill – Administrative Coordinator, Psychology
- Ted Johnson – Analyst/Sr. Programmer, Information Systems
- Travis Manning – Library Specialist IV, ZSR Library
- Lori Sykes, Assistant Director – Corporate Relations, WFUSB
- Harold Holmes – Associate VP & Dean, Student Services
Finance and Administration:
- Travis Asbury – Groundskeeper, F&CS
- Jeff Gaither – Preventative Maintenance Coordinator, F&CS
- Marc Jones – Interim Manager, Custodial Services, F&CS
- Frank Thomas – Director, Custodial Services, F&CS
- Donald Moser – Executive Director, University Stores
The SAC would also like to express sincere appreciation for those members who have completed their terms for their service to the University. All of these members were vital in creating the by-laws for the SAC to make it an independent, representative organization for staff at Wake Forest, and we are grateful for their input and participation.
- Ann Flynn – Academic Counselor, Athletics
- Ann Gordon – Purchasing Assistant, Graylyn
- Bob Hebert – Management Librarian, WFUSB
- Jim Rae – Detective, University Police
- Jean Trowbridge – Administrative Assistant, Advancement
For a full list of current SAC members and contact information, please visit our new website at http://sac.wfu.edu.
— by Mary Cranfill, President, Staff Advisory Council
Categories: Staff News
Tags: Advancement, Angie Jones, Ann Flynn, Ann Gordon, Athletics, Bob Hebert, Brett Eaton, Buz Moser, Communications and External Relations, Cory Jenkins, Doug Bland, Facilities & Campus Services, Frank Thomas, Graylyn, Harold Holmes, Information Systems, Jean Trowbridge, Jeff Gaither, Jim Rae, Lori Sykes, Marc Jones, Mary Cranfill, Pamela Dumas Serfes, Police, Provost's Office, Psychology, School of Business, Staff Advisory Council, Stores, Student Life, Student Services, Ted Johnson, Teresa Hill, Travis Asbury, Travis Manning, Z. Smith Reynolds Library