Outdoor wireless coverage available on Hearn, Manchester plazas
March 16th, 2017
This announcement was emailed to students, faculty and staff on March 15 from Mur Muchane, associate vice president for information technology and chief information officer:
Information Systems is pleased to announce the launch of outdoor wireless computing coverage on Hearn and Manchester Plazas. The new outdoor connectivity is accessible to all students, faculty, staff and campus guests!
The new outdoor coverage:
- Supports Wi-Fi enabled devices like computers, smartphones and tablets
- Provides seamless Wi-Fi connectivity between campus buildings and the Plazas
- Allows secure access by peer-institution guests through eduroam
As Spring and the end of the semester approaches, you can now use outdoor wireless on Hearn and Manchester Plazas to:
- Conduct classes and club meetings outside
- Study with friends on the lawn
- Enjoy collaborating with others in the fresh air
- Relax, listen to music, browse the internet using wireless access, not your cellular data
To access, just select WFUwireless in your list of available networks under Wi-Fi Settings.