March 7: Telephone service outage 6 p.m. – midnight
March 7th, 2014
On Friday, March 7, between 6 p.m. and midnight, Information Systems will perform required maintenance on the University’s telephone system. During this time, there will be two outages lasting up to fifteen minutes each during which telephone services will be disrupted. Telephone services impacted during this outage include desk phones and video conferencing using 4-digit dialing.
Locations impacted include all on-campus and off-campus locations serviced by our telephone system: Graylyn, Reynolda House, Reynolda Village, Bridger Field House, Deacon Tower, Baseball Stadium, Indoor Tennis Center, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, Russell Building, Joel Coliseum, University Corporate Center, Human Resources House and the Library Warehouse.
During the two 15 minute outages:
- No telephone service will be available.
- A phone call or video conference call in progress will drop.
- No voice mail may be left or retrieved for campus phone extensions.
- Voice mail will NOT queue for later delivery.
- No existing messages in your voice mailbox will be lost.
- In the event of an emergency while the phone system is unavailable, Campus Police can be contacted by dialing 336-759-0443 from a mobile phone.
We appreciate your patience during this time. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Category: University Announcement | Tag: Baseball Stadium, Bridger Field House, Campus, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, Deacon Tower, Graylyn, Human Resources House, Indoor Tennis Center, Information Systems, Joel Coliseum, Library Warehouse, Reynolda House, Reynolda Village, Russell Building, telephone outage, University Corporate Center