See a list of faculty and staff milestones in January 2016: Read more
Categories: University Announcement
Brent Piper, director of design in Communications and External Relations (CER), has been elected president of the Triad N.C. chapter of the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA), the professional association for design. AIGA brings together designers and provide resources for the design community.
AIGA Triad N.C. was founded in December 2012. Piper, who was elected in July, will continue to guide and grow the chapter.
“To have a professional group that is able to engage graphic designers in the Triad has been a long time coming,” Piper said. “A lot of hard work has been put into getting it started. I want AIGA to become a strong force for graphic designers in the Triad and better our community.”
Among Piper’s first duties as president was moderating the INitiative [INHOUSE] Panel Discussion, which brought together creative directors from Krispy Kreme and Under Armor, as well as Wake Forest executive creative director Hayes Henderson, to examine what it means to work as an in-house designer. Piper hopes to hold similar discussions during his two-year term as president.
Categories: Staff News
Many Wake Forest faculty and staff are enjoying their improved health and fitness after seven weeks of competition in the campus’ annual Biggest Winner event.
Six-member teams competed for seven weeks, gaining points for working out regularly, completing weekly team challenges and losing body mass.
- Lifestyle Points and Overall: Will Sweat for Beer! (James Torrible, Rachel Cook, Brent Piper, Brigham Wall, Tommy Minta, Emily Johnson)
- Challenge Points: What IS (Steve Allen, Greg Waters, Anthony Hughes, Jeremy Kindy, Jon Adams, Mike Monu)
- Body Mass Lost: Yipee Ki Yay, Mother So Dear (Stephanie Skordas, Mark Anderson, Brett Eaton, Kris Hendershott, Jill Carson, Cheryl Walker)
- Top Male (based on points): James Torrible
- Top Female (based on points): Robin Godwin and Sandy Saulpaugh (tie)
The event was organized by Campus Recreation and led by Jessica Finnerty, assistant director.