Wake Forest Fellows announced for 2017-18
April 21st, 2017
Nine seniors will remain in the Wake Forest campus community after graduation in May as Wake Forest Fellows. They will work across the campus, including in the offices of the President, the Provost and the Dean of the College.
Since 2008, the Wake Forest Fellows program has provided exceptional Wake Forest college graduates with the opportunity to work in higher education administration for a year. Each fellow will serve as a full-time Wake Forest staff member, starting this summer. In addition to working with top administrators, the fellows will participate in leadership activities and interact with faculty, staff and students to learn about the inner workings of higher education.
The Wake Forest Fellows for 2017-18 are:
- Campus Life: Allie Chambers, Raleigh, NC
Major: Psychology; Minors: Health and Human Services, Entrepreneurship & Social Enterprise
- Information Systems: Elliott McKoy, Silver Spring, MD
Major: Economics; Minor: Psychology
- Office of Personal & Career Development: John Idzik, Atlanta, GA
Major: Psychology; Minor: Health and Human Services
- Office of the Dean of the College: Anita Patel, Winston-Salem, NC
Major: Health and Exercise Science; Minors: Chemistry and Psychology
- Office of the President: Sydney Feinglass, Charlotte, NC
Major: Economics; Minors: French Studies and Philosophy
- Office of the Provost: Mia Harris, Chicago, IL
Major: Biology; Minors: Neuroscience and Psychology
- Pro Humanitate Institute: Cazandra Rebollar, Elon, NC
Major: Psychology; Minor: Latin American and Latino Studies
- Reynolda House: Ashley Laughlin, Reno, NV
Majors: English and French; Minor: Creative Writing
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center: Frank Dy, Fayetteville, NC
Alumni of the Wake Forest Fellows program have pursued careers in many fields, including law, medicine, public policy and more. Fellows have since received prestigious academic honors such as Rhodes and Fulbright scholarships.