Wake Downtown: Important details for the University community
January 13th, 2017
This is a message emailed to students, faculty and staff on Jan. 10:
Dear Wake Forest community,
Today marks the first day of classes being held at Wake Downtown! We are looking forward to the entire Wake Forest community seeing the space located at 455 Vine Street in downtown Winston-Salem just three miles from the Reynolda Campus. Below you will find important information regarding Wake Downtown; please read this e-mail in its entirety for recently updated information as it relates to this new space.
- Shuttle service to/from Wake Downtown and WFU is every 15 minutes on weekdays (8:00 am-11:00 pm) and every 30 minutes on weekends (10:00 am-6:00 pm). Travel time is 15 minutes however students should allow 30 minutes; pickup/drop off locations are the Benson University Center and the Vine Street entrance to Wake Downtown. The full schedule can be found on the Parking and Transportation website.
- The GPS TransLoc Rider app is available for real time tracking to your smart phone. Download the app at http://translocrider.com/.
- Shuttles are ADA compliant with wheelchair lifts. They are also equipped with bicycle racks and WiFi.
- Business hours of Wake Downtown are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-6:00 pm. Wake Forest University faculty, staff and students will have access to Wake Downtown outside of business hours by using their Deacon OneCard.
- ALL Wake Forest University faculty, staff and students will be required to visibly display their Deacon OneCard while at Wake Downtown. Badge must be worn above the waist with photo and name clearly visible. Wake Downtown wearable badge holders and sleeves are available on the Wake Downtown shuttles as well as in the Wake Downtown administrative suite.
- Visitors will be required to check in at the security desk and will be given a visitor badge to display.
- Weapons are strictly prohibited at Wake Downtown.
- Phone number for the Innovation Quarter Security Communications Center is (336) 713-1568.
- Address Intercampus envelope as follows:
Faculty/Staff Member Name
- Address Regular and Express mail as follows:
Faculty/Staff Member Name
455 Vine Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
- WFU faculty, staff and students: choose SSID ‘WakeDowntown’ and log on using your WFU username and password
- Guests: choose the password-free SSID ‘IQGuest’ and accept the agreement when prompted
Food and vending
- Students will be able to use Food Dollars with certain vendors within the Innovation Quarter including Medical Grounds in the Bowman Gray Center for Medical Education (connected to Wake Downtown) and Cafe Brioche in Biotech Place.
- Vending options are also available on the lower level of Wake Downtown (all vending options will be installed within the coming weeks).
- Follow Wake Downtown on Twitter and Instagram (@WakeDowntown) and like our page on Facebook for important updates and programming information!
- To stay up to date, we also recommend that you bookmark wfu.edu
If you have any questions, please email WakeDowntown@nullwfu.edu.
The Wake Downtown Team
Category: Guest Post, University Announcement | Tag: Bowman Gray Center for Medical Education, Deacon OneCard, Parking and Transportation, Wake Downtown, Wake Forest Biotech Place, Wake Forest Innovation Quarter