Wake Alert emergency preparedness reminder
September 2nd, 2016
Even though the impact of Tropical Storm Hermine is expected to be minimal in Winston-Salem, it presents a timely reminder for students, faculty and staff to familiarize themselves with the University’s emergency notification system known as Wake Alert.
Wake Alert provides information and advisories via a number of communication channels, including the Wake Alert website, text messaging, an outdoor warning system, campus cable TV, e-mail, Twitter, a banner across the WFU homepage, voice mail and a recorded message on the Wake Forest Weather and Emergency Phone Line.
The crisis management team recommends members of the Wake Forest community do the following:
- Register for text alerts available to students, faculty and staff.
- Bookmark the Wake Alert website (wfu.edu). It will be the go-to site for announcements in emergencies.
- Follow @WakeAlert on Twitter.
- Add the Wake Forest Weather/Emergency line (336-758-5935) to phone contacts.
- Review the emergency preparedness information on the Wake Ready.
Anyone with questions about emergency preparedness should contact Wake Forest’s Emergency Manager August Vernon at x3377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Category: University Announcement