IS launches eduroam at Wake Forest
February 23rd, 2016
This guest post from Information Systems’ Mur Muchane was sent by email to the campus community, recently. Murchane is associate vice president for information technology and CIO at Wake Forest.
Information Systems is pleased to announce the launch of eduroam at Wake Forest University. eduroam, which stands for education roaming, is a secure worldwide wireless network that enables students, faculty and staff to use their Wake Forest credentials when traveling to connect to the Internet at more than 5,500 participating locations worldwide. Additionally, visitors from any participating eduroam institution can securely connect to the eduroam wireless network while at Wake Forest using their home institution credentials.
Where is eduroam available?
eduroam is available at institutions in the United States and in many countries around the world. For a list of the US-based affiliates, visit:https://www.eduroam.us/institutions_list. A map of eduroam institutions worldwide can be found at: https://www.eduroam.org/?p=where
Things to know:
- Always use the WFUwireless connection while you are on the Reynolda Campus in order to have all the access you need to campus resources.
- Use your full Wake Forest University email address and password to connect to eduroam in your wireless network choices when you are at another eduroam institution.
- Access to the Internet using eduroam provides visitor wireless access without signing up for a visitor wireless account, if the visitor is from another participating eduroam institution.
- Connect with any device that connects to Wi-Fi, such as a computer, smartphone or tablet by selecting eduroam in your wireless network choices.
- Contact The Bridge if you encounter connection problems. Visitors should contact their home institution.
- Read more about eduroam at https://www.eduroam.us/
- eduroam is not currently available on the wireless networks in the Wake Forest Overseas houses or Charlotte Business School campus.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Information Systems Service Desk at email@example.com or 336-758-4357 (HELP).