This evening, May 20, between 6 and 9 p.m., Information Systems will perform an upgrade to the campus wireless computing network.
What is changing?
- WFUadmin, WFUstudent, WFUfacultystaff wireless will no longer exist. A single option, WFUwireless, will replace the three options. The wireless login process will remain the same.
- WFUvisitor sponsor portal will have an upgraded look and feel. The Web address will remain the same: https://netguest.wfu.edu/
- After 9 p.m. on May 20, a new service at https://mydevices.wfu.edu/ will allow users to connect devices to WFUvisitor that were not able to connect prior to the upgrade. This means that you can now connect your Smart TVs, Roku boxes, Google Chromecast, gaming systems, Apple TVs and other devices to the wireless network. You can only register one of these devices at a time using this new service.
What should I expect?
- On Wednesday, May 20, between 6 and 9 p.m., the campus wireless computing network will be upgraded.
- The campus wireless computing network will be unavailable during this time frame. The wired network will not be affected.
- Any visitor accounts created using https://netguest.wfu.edu/ prior to 6 p.m. on May 20 will cease to function.
What do I need to do?
- You may see a pop-up box regarding trusting the certificate when connecting to the wireless network. There is no security risk when this pop-up appears and you should accept the certificate to continue. The pop-up you see will be dependent on the operating system you are using. Go to https://sites.google.com/a/wfu.edu/is-knowledge-base/public/network/wireless-network-upgrade to view the possible pop-ups.
- If you do not accept the certificate, you will not be able to connect to the campus wireless network. You will need to visit The Bridge, located in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library, for further assistance.
If you have questions concerning this message or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-758-4357 (HELP).